Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Resolutions For Me

January 1, 2011 (day 947) 11:18am
No resolutions for me…Some possibilities might have included (blog more regularly, lose about 10 pounds, pray more and worry less, make sure to tell those most important to me how much that I love them).  I have never been a resolutions sort of person.  I am not sure why.  I do want to do those things that I mentioned above, but how much?  Enough to really do them?  Enough to make them a top priority in my life?  I think that we do those things that we commit to doing!  God, give me the grace and strength to be more open to you this year. 

We can get trapped into doing the same ole things (Last night, we did what we have done for the last 3 New Year’s Eves.  The older teen girls hosted a dinner party for all the missionaries.  They go all out for us.  They decorate.  They prepare a wonderful mean.  In last night’s case, baked chicken spiced just right, rice with vegetables and potato salad, which is always a real treat on campus.  Ingrid even made a chocolate cake and decorated it!  After the meal and celebration, we headed home.  We watched a movie and brought in 2011 the same way we have brought in many New Year’s…sleeping).  Life can get routine even in Honduras, or we can let God open our eyes and oh my what a sight!  Who can say what 2011 will bring (outside of God)?  We cannot give specifics, but we can say that God has more for us to do.  We can say that if we follow God life will be good.  We can say that what God wants to do in us and through us is bigger than we can conceive!  As I posted on Facebook, it is “time to strap in because God has some GREAT plan for all of us this year.”  Rodney

No comments:

Post a Comment