Friday, December 23, 2011

Wow, that was fast!


December 23, 2011 (Day 1305) 9:21am

Sometimes you have to stop what you are doing and just praise the Lord!   Every so often, I find myself wondering.  How are we going to be able to do this?  Then the question becomes, after looking over all the resources that I have, how is God going to provide this time?  Yesterday was one of those moments for me.  We have a local woman who makes the uniforms for our older children that leave campus for schooling.  The school year in Honduras runs from February to November, so it is that time of year to start planning for school to start.  This coming February, we will have 37 children of our 79 that are attending off campus schooling.  This is a huge expense for us right now.  Uniforms alone will cost $2000 to $2500 this year!   Add to that the bus fares for those 37 plus school shoes plus books plus paper plus activities plus (oh, you got the point already…sorry, sometimes I get carried away).  Back to the story, yesterday the uniform lady came to FH and spent a couple hours measuring all the kids.  Then, she told Teresa that she needed to start right away, but would need about 10,000LPS.  I asked Teresa if that included the purchasing of the shirts and the monograms, and she said, “No, that will be extra.”  I know that we have to do this, but where am I going to come up with $2500. 
God has blessed this year, but with rising costs here in Honduras.  The last few months have been very tight (no extras).  Now, I needed to come up with a substantial amount of money right now.  I had just enough to cover the initial payment in the last of my discretionary money available.  Well not quite enough, I was 45LPS short (about $2.60 short).  I gave Teresa the money and said a little prayer.  That was it.  Where is the rest going to come from?  I sure hope that we do not have any unexpected expenses.  I just kept thinking, “and my God shall supply your every need according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus.”  Okay, God, the ball is in your court.
This morning in my email inbox there is an email from a good friend of FH.  He said and I quote, “Christmas is here and I just had someone to stop by and Give you $5000.00 to be used for the kids.  If you could let me know where it will be used I can let them know.”  Wow, I just had to smile and shake my head and praise God because God did it again!  Maybe the bigger question is why was I so surprised?  It is not like God hasn’t done things like this before.  It is not like God doesn’t have the resources. 
I am so grateful for all the people that let God use them to meet our needs here at FH as we take care of the children that God has sent us.   Merry Christmas, no worries, our God can (you can fill in the blank)!  Rodney

1 comment: