Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some things you just can't blog...


Some things you just can’t blog… January 24, 2012 (day 1337)
I find myself wondering at times.  How on earth could I blog about what just happened.  I wish I had attempted to do that more.  Not that I would have published those moments, but that I could later reflect on those times.  Today was not one of those things.  Today, I blog about what happened, though it did not start that way.
At lunch, I asked Teresa.  Is that verse still in the Bible?  You mean the one about not putting more on us than we can bear.  No, not that one!  Okay, the one that assures us that God’s words never pass away.  Good one, but no, not that one either.  Well, are you thinking about the verse that assures us that no matter what God loves us with a love that is higher, deeper and wider than we can conceive?  Another great one, but no, I was talking about the one that says that God’s grace is always enough (always sufficient).  I love that verse.  I rest on it’s truth! 
This afternoon events led me and Victor to be together (no, he was not in trouble).  I was getting ready to head up to the water tank, so I asked him if he wanted to go with me.  Yes, he said.  I would like that.  James Taylor (I think it was him) sang about a roof top sanctuary, but for me, I have a water tank top as mine.  I told Victor that this was one of my favorite places because it was so peaceful there. 
As we looked out over FH from the side of the mountain, FH was a beautiful as ever.  Victor said you can hear the children playing.  He pointed to a couple of them and said that they looked like ants.  We were not quite that high up.  I said, Victor so much as changed in the past four years, and then he began to talk about different building and things that have been done at FH.  He said when he came to FH that there were only a few buildings.  Then with a smile he said, when the children want to know something about FH, the way it was, a lot of time they ask me!  He is right.  I stand amazed at everything that has happened in the last 4 years, but Victor has seen so much more!  But I said, Victor, I was not talking about those things.  I said, when we came, you were only this high (imagine me holding my hand out about 2 feet shorter than Victor is today), but now, you are this high.  He just chuckled, and said, yes, I have grown much.
We are blessed to live here, I said.  Yes someday, he said, I am going to tell people that!  Then he asked me, will you miss us?  Oh yes, yes, Teresa and I will miss you very much.  Good, said Victor, because we will miss you.  Victor and I have not spent tons of time together.  He has not been in trouble often, but still as I looked into his eyes, I knew that somehow God had used us to touch him.  Then, he asked, will you ever come and visit?  I want too, I said.  Victor’s response, good, I will be waiting at the gate for you! 
Today God showed me grace again (just when I needed it most).  Today God delivered his grace to me through Victor.  Thank you God!  Thank you Victor!  Yep, that verse is still in the Bible.  I do not always understand how it can be, but God’s grace is always sufficient.  Rodney

BTW, this is Victor

1 comment:

  1. Such a great story, truly blessed my heart. I wll always have a place in my heart for Faith Home, I hope to come back at some point and time. With love and prayers thanks for doing an awesome thur our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

    May God Bless,
    Patty Skipworth

    ReplyDelete